Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tristan's Toddler Room

Before he outgrows this baby, I better post it. I was really attached to the boys old room that they shared so it's still an adjustment to having separate rooms. Their bedding matches, for heavens sake...but we're all in agreeance that until they're both old enough to sleep through the night they're going to have separate rooms. Or until baby Olivia comes along. Then she will get her own room, of course, since she will be a girl and a princess. (I bet you're all praying I won't ever have a girl with that last statement, but please don't. I'm only kidding.)

This is the only picture of their shared room, unfortunately. If you can see what's wrong with this picture, you'll win a prize. To the left (what's not pictured) was Ryan's crib, another book shelf, and a coat rack. Wish I had taken more pics!

So for now, Tristan has a green toddler room; full of chaos and toys and Ryan has a blue nursery with my beloved Glider passed on to me from my Sister-in-Law. The rooms came pre-painted in the perfect colors. Tristan's color is green and Ryan's is blue, but their bedding is both. They have matching twin sized bedding too that gifted to us this Christmas (Thanks Mom & Grandma/pa!) so eventually I am going to give in and purchase bunkbeds for the two, even though I have horrible bunkbed nightmares, thanks to my brother.




I liked both rooms for awhile, but I didn't love them.  Since I took furniture they were previously sharing and split them up into separate rooms, each room felt like something was missing. I figured I would start on Tristan's room since all Ryan does in his is sleep. It's pretty basic. We don't change diapers in their rooms anymore since I moved all their diaper stuff to the living room. Too hard to have separate changing tables, two of everything, etc etc.

Ryan's room is still going to be a bit of a work in progress, but here's what it looks like:


Today, I woke up with a major head cold/ache and a tight chest. I chose to skip the gym (this is my first time ever, so I have no guilt!) and rest up. I've been fighting through this head cold since Saturday and I finally just need to be done with it. We took Tristan to his playgroup this morning and had lunch/nap so we've been at home the rest of the day. So naturally, I did a little rearranging. Duh.

Final product: 



No comments:

Post a Comment