Saturday, January 2, 2016

YOLO (Yes, you can smack me)

[You only live once, but if you do it right- once is enough]

In 2015...

I ran my first Bloomsday/12k, two 10k's, and seven 5k's. Only forgot my running shoes on one occasion and managed to not puke or pee my pants once. Outside of that, in training I ran 170 miles.

Tristan and Ryan both completed their first 5k ever! Tristan participated in 4 kids runs and Ryan did 3. We agreed to disagree on who beat who.

I hiked over 72 miles and checked 9 different viewpoints off my list. Mastered the fine art of peeing in the woods without peeing all over myself-- took a few tries. Oh yeah, finally learned to pack some TP.

My boys did their first ever hike up to Poo Poo Point. We only had one kid totally eat shit in the mud, pee his pants on purpose and complain the whole way up. We don't even have to hint which one that is.

I jumped out of a plane! For the first and hopefully the last time.

I traveled outside of the state twice. Traveled to the beach 4 separate times. Managed to not run away for good.

I attended my FIRST Sounders game, got to catch a Mariner's game for the first time since Ryan was born, a Rainier's game, five concerts, including FINALLY seeing Taylor Swift.

I only posted about Taylor Swift on Facebook 19 times this year.

I saw my Grandparents for the first time in 3 years and stayed at their place for the first time since I was a little girl. Channeled all of my self control and didn't TP the neighborhood.

Tristan turned 5, Ryan turned 4, and Mommy turned 21 again!

One of my best friends got married!

And another best friend got engaged!

I went on a lot of dates... Me and the wine aisle got a whole lot closer.

Tristan entered KINDERGARTEN. We all cried. Except him. He ran as fast as he could to get there and didn't even say bye to me.

Tristan played on his first rec soccer team-- Ryan happily cheered from the sidelines making friends with all the snack Mom (s) -- free from rules, exercise, and discipline.

We MOVED! One whole mile away -- But this Mama got herself a bedroom. I don't officially have doors yet but I'm not sleeping in the living room and that's something to celebrate.

I started the long, treacherous journey to Nursing school- 3 quarters down and so many more left, I haven't counted. I began a serious relationship with my coffee pot and learned to be thankful that my barista's pretend not to notice when I roll through for the third time that day.

I forgave my parents for not being perfect because one day I heard myself say "Die quietly" & "I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached" and I realized those apples didn't even roll when they fell from the tree.

I BOUGHT A HAMMOCK. I created my happy place. I mastered the art of parenting without having to get out of the hammock, tricked my kids into cuddling with me, taught them how to bring me beer from the fridge.

I fell even more in love with all the people in my life.

2015 was so amazing-- although far from perfect-- I cried a lot, had my heart broken, didn't win the lottery again, and fell on my ass a few times, BUT-- I lived and I had a hell of a time doing it.

In 2016

I have no specific goals except to keep kicking ass and loving life. I plan to take all the risks my heart tells me to, soak up all the snuggles I can get from my boys, and never miss an opportunity to tell all the people I love that I think they're rad AF and I'm glad they're in my life.

Onward & upward my friends!
Happy New Year!!







No comments:

Post a Comment