Thursday, April 5, 2012

Husband Appreciation Day

Yeah, I made that up. Just go with it...

Last night, I made the executive decision to change my Blogger name from "Ashley and Eric" to Ashley, since we all know that I'm the one writing these things. When I started the blog, I had kind of hoped that Mr. Thompson would make an appearance or two, but I was being silly. It's just not his style. So in honor of cutting out the Hubs from the blog, I'm going to tell you all about Mr. Thompson. Ok and a little about me, because let's face it...we're like two peas in a pod.

Mr. Thompson and I met in Seattle while working at the Downtown Dog Lounge. He was supposed to be showing me the ropes but all I could think about was how awkward it was. This guy is totally cute and he's teaching me how to pick up dog crap? Real romantic. I'd like to say that we took things slow and really got to know each other before we decided that we wanted to start dating. We waited a whole 11 days. Excruciating! You want to know how we became official? Oh yeahhh... facebook relationship change. I mean, we already knew it, but I needed to know...were we "Official official"? And by that, I mean "Facebook Official". So I called him and told him to check his facebook. Yeah, I know. Cute.

Today, while we were coming home from the gym and other silly errands Mr. Thompson was talking with one of his sisters on the phone about some upcoming plans for the weekend. He literally said, "Well, I don't know. I just go where I'm told."

My husband is easy going, that's for sure. He works hard to make me happy. And that my friends, is no easy task. Just ask my mother.

So here's what we already know about Mr. Thompson: He's easy going. He's a hard worker. He's a wife-pleaser (aka happy wife/happy life- that's his motto!). He doesn't like to lead, he'd rather follow- except when it comes to putting IKEA furniture together. Then in that case he just likes to complain, I mean lead, and then refuse to let me help.

Okay okay, on to the good stuff about Mr. Thompson, but seriously. This man puts up with a lot from me and I'm pretty thankful for it. We've been through a lot together and quite frankly I just can't imagine my life without him. Who else would allow me to play my favorite songs on repeat, and merely joke "Is this a new song, I've never heard it before"? Nobody, that's who.

My most favorite trait that Mr. Thompson holds is that he is a top-notch Daddy. He's not afraid of a diaper, although sometimes he yells out, "Ashley, Ashley! I need your help!" when things get a little scary, even though I never help. I just stand there and say, "What am I supposed to do?". He makes a mean bottle, and while he's working on the Mac N Cheese, at least we're moving in the right direction. Progress not perfection right? He's also a great horsey and tickle monster. He's an excellent sports coach, and his dressing skills have GREATLY improved. It's rare that I have to re-dress the kids into more aesthetically pleasing outfits these days. It may also help that after Tristan outgrew things, I got rid of things that I loathed but somehow always managed to get on my babies body when Daddy did the dressing.



And last but not least, I'm grateful that my husband once thought he was a "Gangsta" (although he will deny these accusations) and saved a couple of his "Tall Tee's" from back in the day so that I could have a nightgown that came down to my knees when I was preggo.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, love the post. Id like to add that he has lovely manners and is quite mature! I have also always liked his voice. Haha-I am a freak but I am sure you know what I mean. Its deep and soothing or something. I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's a keeper! Top-notch daddies are hard to find!

    ReplyDelete