Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tristan's Jake & the Neverland Pirates Party!

Just a little party decor picture vomit.
Tomorrow I shall post the real party pics :)

The party planning in my house never really stops. As Tristan's party ended today, Eric and I were already debating about Ryan's theme for his 2nd birthday....in September.

My mom and I were in full party mode starting at 430am on Friday morning. This is really just because Ryan decided he wanted to play with me instead of sleep, so when I finally got him back to sleep, I was up and decided to start my day. I got in a good workout, shower & hit the grocery store, made coffee and breakfast all before anyone in my house was even up... those lazy bones didn't even wake up until 730...pshh.

We spent our Friday night setting up and prepping. So so so grateful my mom was here to help me or this party would have never happened. If I ever went into the party planning business, I'd hire my mom because I'm bossy and she's used to it so we can still be friends when it's all over ;) Plus she's a great little worker bee...hehe.


Tristan loves Jake from Jake & the Neverland Pirates from Disney Jr and personally I'm kind of sick of Thomas so we went with Jake because it felt new and fresh.

And of course, a GIANT thank you to my lovely friend Kristen, who made the cake. 
It was fabulous, as always.
She's fabulous.



I was so excited to plan Tristan's party this year because he's finally reached an age where we can actually play a few games so we decided to have a "Treasure Hunt". 
(Also, thanks to my sister-in-law for helping me make the Maps)
Didn't you know it takes a village to plan a party ;)

^^ Treasure maps & Pirate attire


^^ Peak inside the map. Once the kids completed the treasure map, they got to collect their Loot Goodie Bags. (I was kind of in Pirate's Booty mode when we made the map and wrote Pirate's Booty instead of Loot...oh well! LOL.

^^ Hubby made this sign. So impressed. 


Fishing ^


^ Treasure Dig!

^ Of course, the famous Walk the Plank!


^ They had to feed the Tic Toc Croc by tossing bean bags in his mouth. 



We had a lot of fun coming up with Pirate slang for all the food. 


Pirate's brew!



^^^ This is personally my favorite part of the party despite the fact that it didn't turn out EXACTLY the way I wanted. 
You can't really see it in this picture but there are little sharks in there. 
This drink is so simple, and if you get the right kind of candy shark, I think it would've turned out a lot better! So fun. 
All this drink is:

Sprite
2 ice trays of Cranberry Juice
7 pieces of Shark candy

Chilled the sprite overnight, and once guests started arriving, I poured the ice cubes in and the "water" turned blood red, and sharks swam around our drink ;) 
(although my sharks were too heavy...so they were dead sharks) 

THANK YOU Pinterest & Disney Jr for all of the excellent ideas! 
You can check out my inspiration and some of the original ideas on my Parties Board.

Thanks to all who came out and celebrated with us! I promise to post real party pics tomorrow! :)


1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, you did a great job, wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete