Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013-- In Summary

Wow. Does it seem like I JUST wrote a big long Facebook status about how thankful I was to be DONE with 2012? Well, shooot... Cuz 2013... You beat 2012 with the challenges. Jokes on me!

Kidding, really. So I had a rough year. I ain't even phased. Because you know what? I'm just THAT much smarter, and the smarter I get... Oh boy, watch out world! I'm gettin super smart!

Before I tell you all how super smart I got this year, I gotta start with my obligatory list of sh*t I'm thankful/grateful for...


First and foremost, I'm grateful to my husband (I still get to call him that, right?). For loving me when I couldn't love myself, for standing by me when everyone else was against me, for following me while I was lost and leading me back, but mostly for not giving up on me. No matter the outcome, you will always be my rock. 



For my kids who kept me going, who kept me smiling through the tears, for making me laugh when I wanted to cry, for reminding me who I am, and who I want to be.

&

To those that understood my journey, thank you.


Some might not understand me or my choices and that's okay. I've accepted that some people will just never understand, and some people just don't want to, and that's okay too. To those, well God gave us a middle finger for a reason right?

So on to the next...


2013. 




Full of ups and downs. What a year. It was truly the hardest year yet, but here I am... I'm alive, my kids are healthy, we have a roof over our heads, a fridge full of food, a car to drive, and I'm getting an education. We are going places. I feel extremely grateful for all the hardships of this past year. I have learned so much about myself, about the people I surround myself with, about life, love... the list truly goes on. 

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light."


(I realize that a few people have already seen this, but for my friends and family that do not have facebook...as well as for the sole purpose of this blog--to document my family's journey)












2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet photo summary of your year, Ash. Thanks for posting! p.s. I love all the naked and half-naked shots of Ryan and his cute backside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thanks Ju! This kid is an interesting one for sure... :)

    ReplyDelete