Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Surprise Picnic

I don't know what happened to my husband this morning but whatever it was, can it happen everyday? I came home from work to a happy, cheerful husband who had planned a picnic for all of us. It was too cute.




Is it okay if I just pretend that Mother's Day was today? Because it sure felt like it.




This is not to say that the Hubs has not worked his butt off since I started working, because he definitely has. I am domesticating this man and it is just fabulous. The trick to a successful marriage is to marry them young. I got Eric straight from his Dad's house. He never even stood a chance, poor guy. I tend to get a 'my way or the highway' attitude, (although I really try very hard to compromise) and the Hubs is a very good sport about it. He didn't even complain when I typed out a schedule/chore list for him to follow while I'm at work. Most days, I've come home to a clean house, kids napping and the Hubs folding laundry.




Anyway, if you know me it's not surprising to find that I'm kind of a brat about certain things. I'm working on it!! I'm very particular (not picky- particular...there IS a difference, I promise) about things and I get slightly aggitated when things don't go the way I planned. So I was a tad worried when I found out that he had already packed all the food. I've been doing really good on my diet and I really didn't want to spoil it or Eric's thoughtful efforts... but alas, the Hubs is my husband for a reason. He knows me too well. He packed me a salad exactly the way I like it. And all was perfect.


It's days like today that I really just want to squeeze my family. In a suffocating love kind of way. I try to refrain but it never works. My kids are going to hate me. Oh well.  I just can't stand how much I love them all. Who would have thought that living with 3 boys could be this wonderful? 









2 comments:

  1. Ryan looks so cute just sitting there by himself. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun thing! You guys are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete