Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Suppose I should start out by saying that we are not super big Valentine's Day celebraters. In fact, last year was the ONE AND ONLY year I've ever recieved so much as a card on this day of love AND it was the first time I've EVER recieved flowers from Eric. It's okay, I don't usually do anything other than whine about how we never do anything for Valentine's Day.

When it comes down to it a lot of people feel like Valentines Day is just a "Hallmark" day or just another reason to spend money we don't have. Can't say I don't totally agree with that, but at the same time... if you don't celebrate life, then what is the point really?

Granted, we should treat our loved ones kindly and tell them we love them on a regular basis... but I know that if I got flowers every day, I'd smack Eric on the head.

Instead of looking at this day like a day to feel badly because you don't have a significant other, or a day where you have to buy your wife flowers, etc... why not look at it as a day to celebrate all the love you DO have? Whether it be friends, family, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, cat... etc.

This year me and the boys made some VERY SPECIAL Valentine's, but those Valentines had to be sent out and since the recievers have not yet recieved them, we're going to hold off to post about those.

Since I'm pretty much the luckiest person alive to have THREE cute boys to celebrate with, I decided to win my men over the way every woman should.

Which is through their stomachs, duhhh.


I got super pumped when they were baking because the color was turning out so good.... and then I think I overcooked them... haha! But hey, it's the thought that counts right?


I am seriously not meant to be in the kitchen. I can cook only because I can read directions, but I cannot bake. Once again, you can blame that on my mother. Can't ever remember a time that she baked anything other than chocolate chip cookies... (Sorry Mom, you have to take the blame for everything...it's in the job description!)
We love her anyway. And I'm pretty sure my husband loves me regardless too. 

Mr. Thompson is actually the pancake maker of the family but since he works a swing shift during the week we only get pancakes on the weekend.
(and even that is pretty rare). 

(It's okay, I don't eat pancakes anyway)

I decided to steal his job for the day:






After all of this was said and done... it was noon. I realized I hadn't showered yet, had drank about 3 cups of coffee and hadn't eaten anything myself. So you see? These kinds of things can only happen on special occasions or else I would look like a crazy person all the time. 

Have you ever seen me in the kitchen? It's not a pretty sight...



Yikes.


Happy Valentines Day!

XoXo

Love, 
the Thompson family
















1 comment: