Wednesday, February 13, 2013

THE COLOR RUN™ - Be a Color Runner™






Facebook friends: You didn't think I was done yet, did you? :)

I am in serious giddy, happy-- possibly even in love- mode for this run. This is my VERY FIRST 5K, and it looks like the funnest thing ever.


I was starting to lose motivation for my workouts. Not-so-in-love with my new gym, and have been hitting a weight-loss plateau. Not great for my goal to get to 125 by the end of the year. My diet starts to slack when my workouts do, so I needed a boost of motivation.

One of the things I wanted to do this year was get more involved in fitness outside the gym. Making it more of a lifestyle than a habit now. 2012 was all about making it a habit. Now my workouts are a habit. I want fitness and exercise to be integrated more in my lifestyle now. (Not kicking habit out the door, just ADDING lifestyle). I wanted to run some 5k's in my future so I've decided to try some good, all natural...outdoor running. No treadmill, no eliptical, no crossrunner-- just running. (Never giving up my stairmill though. Stairmill and I are BFF's). As for those 5k's... it's never too early to set those goals!

Foot, meet pavement. Pavement, meet my feet. (Hopefully face doesn't meet pavement anytime soon...) 

Hubs has finally agreed to dive in and get the BOB for me, along with raincover so that I have ZERO EXCUSES. Excuses are the worst, really. How many times have you made an excuse and then checked yourself out butt naked in the mirror and wished you didn't make that excuse? 



I've found the perfect movitation to reach my goals. Watch this video and if you don't think this looks like the funnest thing ever, well... you suck. Just kidding. We can still be friends. You can come watch and cheer us on!





Since I currently don't have a license we will be jogging/ walking anywhere we want to go for a few months, PLUS training for this bad boy. We'll see how this goes: Tristan weighs 34lbs and Ryan 24lbs. That's 58lbs PLUS the weight of the stroller I'll be pushing around WHILE I'm jogging. Which btw, I suck at. 

So, IF I CAN DO IT-- YOU CAN DO IT!


The RUN (NOT RACE) is May 12th (Sunday-- Mother's Day) at 9am in Downtown Seattle. You can get more info about the run here: 


Eric & I have created a team, we only need 4 people to be counted as a team. Team runners get a $5.00 discount, and I have a VIP DISCOUNT CODE for those that want to register before Friday, which I highly recommend. Rumor has it that last year it sold out 1st day. So don't wait. If you want to do it, jump on board! Be all in. You can always change your mind and find someone to take your spot. ALL AGES. Seriously. Just do it.



Message me or text me if you want to join our team. You don't HAVE to run with us. I can also send you my VIP Code for an additional $5 off. 

Here's to a better me in 2013! Hoping you join me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment