Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fickle pickle

Remember when I said "My home is always a work in progress"?

I'm really hoping you do.
STILL working on Tristan's big boy room.

Even after I took these pictures on Saturday, I've still changed a few things.

"New" (OLD) curtains-- they were actually my mom's and I've used them in some way in almost every place I've lived since college (which is A LOT)

Oh yeah, also flipped the reversibly bedding because all that jazz going on was making me dizzy and a little claustrophobic.

(Other side of bedding. COOL, but too much with all the different colors I have in T's room). Unfortunately, I don't own this home and I learned my lesson to never paint a rental house ever again, so the tri-colored walls and odd ceiling shelves are staying and we're dealing.


^ Tristan's new bookshelf. Still don't know if I love it. 
Nothing will ever please me, I guess! 


I was really starting to not like the bed. Every time I went in there, something about it would irritate me. Not to mention, I knew we wouldn't be using it very long because it wasn't very sturdy. Decent for a 2 year old, but not a rowdy 3 year old. PLUS, we got super lucky and scored a FREE pillow-top mattress and boxspring today, so I disassembled the bed and now the mattress is sitting on the floor...hmmm..


My favorite part! Tristan's reading nook. Maybe because I did it all by myself. Yep Yep. I painted the infamous IKEA spice racks and mounted them all by myself and I spent less than $20. Woot Woot.
Plus, Tristan loves it. He is such a little reader, I am so proud I can't help but brag. Seriously though, I eat it up. Oh what's that Tristan? You want to stay up till 10 reading books with Mommy? Well alright...




There ya go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment