Saturday, June 2, 2012

T's Big Boy Room!

Okay guys, I need some FEEDBACK.

I've been planning this bedroom in my head for almost a year now and I'm kinda stuck. I FINALLY learned how to create a moodboard so bear with me, because these two are my first creations.

Ok, so here's the situation:

My mother and grandparents gifted the boys matching bed sets that I really wanted (and it's a good thing too because it's completely sold out now)... so we already have the bedding. We also already have the gray bean bag, and we're creating a "reading nook" in the corner. Hoping it will look something like this (but in the corner with a beanbag):



Right now, we're just upgrading Tristan's room and Ryan's going to get all of Tristan's old stuff until he's ready for a twin sized bed. (I know, hand-me-downs already but I promise you, he won't even know!). Later on, the boys are going to probably share a room and we'll make Ryan's room into either a playroom...or a nursery ;)

We know which pieces of furniture we want but we can't decide on color.




This is what I originally had in mind. I need to take a visit to IKEA soon because the Expedit pictured is actually a high gloss gray, although I don't think the picture does it any justice. I think seeing the gray colored expedit in person might help me to make up my mind.

Ok so below is what became kind of an afterthought. I like the clean feel of white, although I'm afraid to use white  in the bedroom because I like white for playrooms and I intend to use this furniture until they're ready for "Teen" rooms, so I need it to last and I don't want them to outgrow the color...

Anyway, tell me which colors you like best!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I kinda feel like white is a little softer. Like, not in the way you'd want it. It's a little girlie. And like you said, really hard to keep nice and clean. I really like the grey. It goes with the color scheme. And seems kinda rugged, which seems to be what you're going for. So I'd vote #1!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! I think I agree about the white...and yes, totally going for a rugged boys room! Going with the gray!! :)

    ReplyDelete