Thursday, June 14, 2012

Laundry Matters

Last week, I talked about a pet peeve I didn't even know I had-- well, before I found out about that pet peeve, there was a GIANT, and I mean

GIANT

pet peeve I did know I had.

It has to do with laundry, and it goes something like this:

If you stick clean clothes back in the hamper, or in a pile in the couch  and leave it there for an extended amount of time where they will surely wrinkle...



I will kill you.

No, okay... I'm kidding. I won't kill you, but you might just wish I did.
I don' t know when this started, I mean I didn't even start doing my own laundry til I moved out of my mother's house, which was when I was 19. I had to ask my first college roommate how it was done (true story). But it doesn't matter, because the point is... when I discover that this has happened, my chest gets tight, my face gets hot, and I want to explode. Yes, seriously. 

I can't control it.
I'm a woman. and a mama. 
Laundry matters, ya know?

Instead of exploding, I have somehow managed to convince myself to take 10 deep breaths (and we need every single one), and RE-DO the laundry. But you know what, I hate doing laundry, and enough is enough!

So yesterday, after the Hubs spent his afternoon doing this:


and then left this:


I had a slight meltdown. 
I had every intention of calling the Hubs to simply and calmly remind him of my OCD/Anxiety/Panic attack about laundry, but it came out more like this:


The fiesty came out.
I tried and tried to suppress it, but I just couldn't control it.

So this is my public apology:

Dear Hubs,

I'm sorry. Don't hate me :)

Love, 
Me


1 comment:

  1. That is my pet peeve too. Lu just removes my clothing first so they don't wrinkle and then just leaves hers and Ellie's things until she gets to it. At least my shirts are wrinkle free!

    ReplyDelete