Thursday, June 28, 2012

Called to Serve

My baby brother was called to serve a 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Concepcion, Chile. Wahoo!!! Goooo Brettski!



Want more info on what that entails? This should answer any questions you have, but if you have more feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to fill in the blanks ;)

He left just over a week ago. It is all very surreal. This is the 5th Jory kid to go on a mission. I remember sending and picking up older siblings on missions, but this is what I expected of them... they were the older ones so naturally they get big and get married and have babies and it's all very normal. It's when your YOUNGER ones start doing these things that it's time to start using the wrinkle cream, because it means you're old.

In typical LDS fashion, we attended Brett's farewell talk in sacrament followed by an Open House. What could have been a better Father's Day/Farewell gift to my brother AND my Dad than to bring my long lost brother along?



 It was so good to have everyone together and send my little bro off to become a man. I mean, I suppose he became a man when he turned 18, but if you've ever met a returned missionary, you know that the mission is where they really become a man.

On their thrones, awaiting guests.




Dad & Ryan were in total harmony. They just hung out like this.


In typical Clint fashion.



Next time Uncle Brett see's these boys they'll be soo diferent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment