Sunday, March 3, 2013

What I've been up to...

My life lately via my iPhone...



[random catch-up post]

Well, my dear family, friends, important people.

I finally got it. I got my BOB. Let's just say, I've never loved any posession more (just kidding, iphone...don't get all jealous now). The night before we bought it, I started getting a little bit of anxiety. What if I run with it and I just hate it? Eric's going to kill me. I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. I'll just take it on walks every day. Thankfully my panic attack was unnecessary.

Just a little history of my running career. I am NOT A RUNNER. I've always wanted to be, but I just really am no good. Yet. Turns out, it's not running that I'm bad at-- it's the treadmill! After signing up for the 5k, I found all this motivation I didn't even know I had and I decided to start running outside to get ready for the real deal. I was shocked after completing 3.5 (ran TO LA Fitness) miles that felt like 1 on the treadmill. Granted, it wasn't a walk in the park but I did it, and I didn't die. And I kinda wanted to do it again. So I did. I just started running. And now I kinda like it.

And now I have my beautiful BOB. And I love it even more. My first run was actually, exciting. I know. I'm super lame but I don't care.





I also re-joined as a member at LA Fitness. I really wasn't digging the new gym I had joined in January. It was small and cramped and (smelt bad) and they didn't offer any classes and I felt silly trying to get familiar with the machines and a whole new set of members that I didn't know. LAF had become my second home, so I'm super happy to be back.



OH YEAH. In other news, this mama got her license back! Hollaaaa. Thank you tax return. Feels good to be making progress. Making headway in the legal department as well. Got a new alcohol evaluation, which declared I no longer need treatment which is HUGE. It may end the case entirely. Fingers crossed.

We celebrated in typical Thompson fashion. Jimmy John's :)



AND... drum roll, please...

We got our trampoline set up!
We LOVE it!
[I'll post more pics later]

This is kind of a big deal to me:

I had been plateauing/fluctuating for several months
and I was getting super irritated about it. 
Kicked up my workouts a notch &
I kicked that plateau's %&$ without even noticing. 
15lbs away from my goal. 
The great thing is that even though I haven't made a significant weight drop, I can definitely see and feel the difference. 
I'm a happy camper. 
A sweaty one, but a happy one. 



I'm also campaigning to get Nike to sponsor me. 
Jk, but seriously.


the kiddos:

they're alive. this is huge. no, seriously. these kids have gone bonkers for the last couple weeks. it's crazy, it's fun, it's hilarious, but oh my gosh... I CRAWL into bed every night. This mama is tired. 

Tristan is registered for preschool in the fall. He started a bit of Speech Therapy, and he pees in the toilet like a big boy (No #2 yet). YAY FOR INDEPENDENCE!(kind of)



Ryan got a bad case of eczema, which resulted in a rash for two weeks, is getting multiple teeth, and we are pretty sure growing at an unreasonably fast rate. This means this kid mostly walks around crying all day, throwing fits and not sleeping through the night. 
OY.
We like him anyway.




Alright, that's it. I'm out. 




1 comment: