Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm jumping!

The most commonly used phrase in my home these days.

A year of so ago I had this endless debate in my head...should we get a trampoline or a swingset?

First, I'd like to point out that I grew up without either. And I'll also tell you that I felt royally ripped off. Now that I'm "grown" and have children of my own, I understand why I didn't and I've since forgiven my mother. We weren't ever home enough to use any of these things (my mom was a single mom and thus, we spent most of our days at daycare and then once old enough we ran away to friends homes and these things were no longer desirable by then anyway).

However, being a stay at home mom requires a little more, shall we say... materialistic things. (THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY TOYSRUS OUT) I know plenty of women who have endless free fun with their kids and teach them all sorts of great things. I also know women who buy their kids every hot toy on the market. Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I'd rather spend my time and energy on getting my kids out of the house because I'm tired of picking up toys. I'm seriously shocked at how many toys we DO have, and how little some of them get played with, and also how often the hotwheels and racecars are the staple of our days. Why do I buy anything else?! SERIOUSLY. End rant.

With that being said, I do indulge on the outdoor toys every now and then because being a stay at home mom in the summertime IS actually enjoyable and I am determined to not raise boys that are stuck on video games. Therefore, if you are my child...you WILL go outside and you WILL like it.

Well, reason told me that I should get a swingset because well, let's face it. BOYS ARE CRAZY. And not in the same way that girls are crazy. We sit here painting our nails, keeping quiet, letting the crazy fester within ourselves. Boys...well, let me tell you about boys...

They run rampant like little bulls. My 18mo old and my almost 3 year old WRESTLE. Nobody wrestles in our home. Where did they learn this?? Instinct, I tell you. Boys are animals. The end.

So after considerable thought (cost, maintenance, being a renter, etc), I settled on the perfect solution. A little toddler sized trampoline. We may eventually upgrade to a bigger one but we'll see where this life takes us when we get there. Or we may produce quintuplet girls and we'll get a swingset to save their lives from our two rowdy boys. Who knows. But for now: the little tikes trampoline is it!







Love love it. From what I hear, it wasn't too hard to put together which is also nice because I didn't have to hear mumbling and grumbling about that :)








It was all fun and games until Tristan decided that 'Throw the ball out of the trampoline and then beg for it back' was the game of the day. 

Then I made them get out because 
ain't nobody got time for that.

:p





No comments:

Post a Comment