Wednesday, April 6, 2011

General Conference, some cake, and a blood bath.

Okay I suppose I should update. I've been so lazy this week, I've been on here hunting for other people's updates but have just been too lazy for my own. Maybe everyone else is feeling the laziness too because the updates were scarce this week!

Anywho, our first General Conference weekend as a family came and went. I didn't dread it as much as I did when I was younger. In fact, I was actually welcoming a weekend glued to the TV. We decided to relax and catch up on laundry while we watched. Best idea ever. After the 1st two sessions, I passed out and woke up with an intense cake craving. So while Eric went to his priesthood session, I went to JayC's to make some cake. I was a little jealous that I didn't get a special session b/c Eric seemed to love it so much but it's okay. I have my cake.




It's weird how much things change when you become a parent. This was the first General Conference I have watched in years. I found myself actually craving the words before they were even spoken. I felt like I could use a little inspiration. What a way to gain some inspiration!

"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted.... All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable." - Elder Paul V. Johnson

I sure hope this guy is right :)

PS. Tristan totally loved the Mormon Tabernacle choir! He didn't pay attention at all except when they performed!

Once Eric returned, we enjoyed some dinner and some cousin bath time and then at last, we got to enjoy the cake I had been so patiently awaiting. Tristan loves bath time, I literally have to drain the water for him to not panic when I take him out of the bath. It is so interesting to watch my child interact with other babies. He watches his cousin so curiously, and is a little shy at first, but soon they are running around causing mischief, Nate in charge, Tristan trying to keep up. Even if I didn't carry this kid for 9 months, I'd still be able to pick him out of a crowd. (I can be painfully shy in new situations, but I warm up quickly :] ) 





We were invited to another couple in our wards' home for the Sunday morning session and some breakfast. I was pretty excited! I love breakfast, and I love new friends :)  It was an enjoyable way to spend our Sunday. We came home to put Tristan down and to finish up General Conference, but I can't say that Eric and I both made it through the whole session. I fell asleep at some point throughout the 2nd session and woke up to Eric passed out as well. Ooops! We've agreed to re-watch it this weekend :)


THIS WEEK: 
Tristan and I experienced our first blood bath together.
Okay, I'm totally exaggerating. 
Tristan fell and hit his head on the coffee table and produced a little gash.
Nothing some neosporin and a band-aid couldn't fix! 
Super mom, here I come! ;) 
I realized right then and there that I'm totally not cut out to be the parent of a BOY! Why did God do this to me?! I'm going to embarrass my kid if/when he breaks his arm or gets tackled too hard in football because I'll be the one sobbing!


Hopefully God will instill some courage in me, before I reach those horrific moments. 

3 comments:

  1. Didn't you love all the talks about family life--marriage, kids, parenting? I woke up Monday morning thankful to be a mom and also eager to be a better mom. Those cakes look yummy, and I hear ya on the conference cravings! I was jonesing for some cinnamon rolls and/or donuts like you wouldn't believe.

    Poor Tristan with his little gash, but you're wise to realize that this is just the beginning. We've had so many visits to the ER with our boys that I've lost count! Two broken bones, stitches, burns, concussions. And they're only four and seven years old -- yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cake looks so delicious and moist..mmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now I want cake! Glad to hear you had a good conference weekend!

    ReplyDelete