Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Flying Solo [Summer Ketchup Post 2 of 5}

This Mama (yes, me) lost her marbles this summer. I'd like to say I've found them, but I think a few of them went down the vent and are never coming back. But I did find a few of them in the couch cushions and under the bed.

Part of my quarter life crisis was that I felt that I needed to spend some time on my own. I needed some space to be me, and to just sit and think; to have a cup of coffee with a friend without trying to talk over crying babies; and some time to let loose and feel 24, and not 45.

It is  a wee bit sad that is has been over 2 years that I have gone out with friends without the Hubs or babies. I vow to find more balance on a regular basis.

It's a strange thought that one might be heard without shouting over toddler gibberish, or even in fact, finish a meal entirely without thinking how much this waiter is going to hate us when he sees the mess my children are making on the floor. The only downside to being with friends is that when you are with your children, you are constantly thinking of how much you miss your friends, but when you are with your friends you are missing your family and wondering how they are doing and if they miss you. Oh life, you are so confusing!














No comments:

Post a Comment