Monday, September 24, 2012

Art School...like Mommy like Son?

We're just gonna come right out and admit that if I had to do summer school for "mommyhood" this past summer... I would not be moving on to the next grade. I received an F this summer. Part of me feels bad because I'm failing my children but the other part of me is so tired I feel pretty successful that I managed to keep them alive.

To kick off the fall with our kids, I thought I'd attempt to make it up to my children..so I enrolled Tristan in a little preschool art class put on by the Lake Wilderness community center. It cost me a whole 30 dollars. I really love cheap things. I highly recommend looking into things your community offers. They're usually short lived (i.e 4-6 weeks) so there's not too much commitment and super cheap.

Besides who doesn't love making messes you don't have to clean up?

Eric took Tristan to his 1st week because I had to work, so I got to go this past week. My little peanut LOVES his outdoors. I've mentioned before that he is becoming quite the escape artist when the front door opens. Needless to say, he had a blast...running up and down the hill and saying "tweee... tweee... tweee" (translation: TREE) as I tried to interest in him in picking bark off the tree so we could "impression" it. I ended up doing most of his "classwork" and then I started to worry that we were not getting off to a good start in our future schooling career together... I foresee myself staying up late to "help" finish projects.. :/







 




and of course...our finished projects.

WEEK 1 with Daddy:




WEEK 2 with Mommy:



No comments:

Post a Comment