Monday, July 9, 2012

Summertime & the livin's easy...

Okay, I decided that the kiddie pool was WELL worth the 20 bucks.

The first day, Tristan screamed his face off when I put him in the pool, while Ryan enthusiastically kept trying to crawl from his pool into the big pool.

Tristan stuck to the well known- the sand box and the water table, which is exactly how he is. You have to give him a big push in the adventurous direction and then he's all for it. With food, I sometimes literally have to shove the food in his mouth- once he gets a taste, he digs in. He's a skeptic. I don't know where he got this, but we're going to overcome it.

The 2nd day, I didn't just put Tristan's feet in... I basically threw him in, got him all wet in one go and Eric and I got in and played with him for about 2 hours while Ryan napped. Just that one day has made the 20 bucks and chasing it down the street well worth it, despite the fact that I spent my entire time trying to pick out all of the grass spears and tree particles from it.

I love these kinds of days. Lazy, relaxing summer days. Sure, with kids nothing is truly relaxing, but this is as close as it's ever gonna get. Good friends, good food, sun, entertained kids. I can't get enough.

Thanks summer for stopping by, hopefully you'll stick around awhile. Gotta soak up enough Vitamin D to last the winter months. You know how us Seattlites get in the winter ;)


Bailie & Ryan in the baby pool. Bailey was so sweet to Ryan :)

Little Ryan loving his pool.

The boys

Jessica helping the boys sort out the car sharing method.

Success!



No comments:

Post a Comment