Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Honey-DORIGHTNOW List

I use to wonder why my mom would say that I made her nag. She'd say something to the tune of, "Please don't make me nag" and I'd think... ummm, then don't. Ya know? Like, how do I make you nag? I never got it.

And then I got married. And now I'm singing that tune.

50% of our conversations go like this:

"Eric, will you take out the trash when you're done with that"
"Uh huh"

10 minutes later...

"Eric...can you please take the trash out"
"I will, I just have to beat this level first"

20 minutes later...

"Hey, can you make Ryan a bottle and then take the trash out"
"Uh, yeah. Sure"

Makes bottle. (Because said child is screaming on floor)
Goes back to video game.

"Eric. TRASH."
"Dude, first you tell me to make Ryan a bottle and now you're telling me to take the trash out!"
"I asked you to take the trash out first, 30 minutes ago"
"It's only been 10"
"Eric, just do it"
"Ashley, calm down. I'm doing it"


I really, really thought my mom was crazy. Which is terrifying, because I still do. Does this mean I'm going to be crazy my whole life? Or does it mean my children/husband are going to think I'm crazy my whole life and put me in a nursing home because they don't want to deal with my demands?

Word to the wise... when your wife asks you to do something, it's because she wants it done right now. RIGHT THEN AND NOW. Not tomorrow, not in 10 minutes, not next week. NOW.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love it!!! Either you are going to get crazier every year or I'm going to get saner. xxooxx mom

    ReplyDelete