Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July

Yes! The 4th of July has finally come and gone and now it can officially be summer in Washington!

We had a pretty fun 4th this year- kept it simple because I had to work the day of AND the following morning at 5am. We still didn't get to blow too many things up but I foresee years of this in our future so I can be patient on this. I worked in the morning and then we headed to the Green's for a nice BBQ...although we realized when we were eating that we can't really call it a BBQ if nothing gets BBQ'ed... because we had Ribs for dinner. But they were far tastier than any BBQ so all was well. The boys played in the sun and bounced around in the bouncy house all day and nobody got hurt so it was a glorious day :)






After dinner, we headed to another BBQ event at our friends Felicia & Brian's house for some fireworks. The boys were in total awe of the fireworks! Tristan would say "WOAH.... WOAH....WOAH" after each firework and Ryan was clapping after all the pretty ones! He wouldn't even let me cover his ears. This boy is growing up too fast, I sometimes force him to cuddle with me for long amounts of time so that he knows he is going to have to stay my baby for awhile.

Tristan even did his first Sparkler-- which I was VERY surprised about. Tristan is not the toughest little kid out there and he tends to be a bit on the sensitive side, so I thought he would freak out about it but he totally loved it. This is a good sign for his future because I have every intention of getting him riding a dirtbike by age 4 so he might as well give up on being a wimpy kid.





1 comment:

  1. Cute, shirtless shots of the kids--they look like they had a great time! Gotta love the 4th and all its fun festivities.

    ReplyDelete