Thursday, July 26, 2012

Playroom Ideas

I finally printed and framed our family photo- only 8 months later... but at least it got done before the kids graduated. My most recent addition to the playroom, and what inspired drastic makeover ASAP. I've just been letting this room sit, but once the photo went up... I decided we're getting this done.

This is the 2nd home I've had a bonus room in that I just can't figure out what to do with. The angles are weird, there's no door...it leads to the kitchen... it's kind of a bizarre place. And with kids, there's no point in trying to have a formal sitting area, so my first thoughts go to playroom. In the past, I've wanted it to be a "Bonus" room, meaning toys/tv/video games/big comfy couch. But with my goal of squashing tv addiction in mind, I've decided to ex that idea and create a playroom that inspires creativity, and leads the children away from the TV. I can't tell you how much I can't stand couch potatoes, and I refuse to let my boys become obsessed with video games. 

We will have imaginations in my home, and we will play outside.

^ Family Rules. 

If I chant it enough, it will happen... right?



To the right of the fireplace is a long wall where this will go: 


^ Found on Etsy. Ordering this next weekend! Can't wait for it's glorious arrival on my doorstep.


^ Don't mind floating balloon. We buy dollar store balloons on occasion because they are hours of fun...this one was given to us at the last Relief Society Activity. It was still floating, a week later.


^ Crate bookshelves found 
My next project.  This will go on the wall to the right of "couch" (that is non existent as of yet) so that we can create a comfy place to read and cuddle :)

^^ All of this will go in this area: 



1 comment:

  1. omg LOVE all the signs from etsy! I'm going to have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete