Friday, June 3, 2011

Sunshine?

I've been slacking on my blogging. I vowed to keep up with my blogging when I made this new blog, but lately my motivation has been out the window. Maybe I should actually take those iron pills my doctor prescribed me... :/

We had about 3 days of sunshine  sometime during mid-May and then it rained the rest of the month. Have I mentioned I could really use some Vitamin D??? Ugh.

Anyways,  so I sit in my house and complain about the weather every day and then when it finally gets nice I spend about twenty minutes outside and I'm pretty much done. Well, my friend Laura forced us- seriously, she bribed me with fast food- to leave the house. She wanted to take Tristan to the park. I had to admit that Tristan had never been to a park before--he has however, been to a dog park. I had been feeling guilty about not taking him to the park yet mainly because we live 5 steps from an elementary school and, really- he's over a year now and he's never been to a park? So I agreed, since I'd have some company and I wouldn't feel so silly trying to get my unwilling toddler to play on toys that were too big for him.




We don't like sunshine or playgrounds or grass, or fun!

We're just big whiney-butts.

This is not to say that I don't have my fun on a playground, but taking children to the park is not my idea of fun. Turns out that it isn't Tristan's idea of fun either. I love him.

He cried all the way down the slide, and cried when I sat him in the grass, and wouldn't release his grasp on my leg for any reason. So we left.

I win. 

Maybe in a year or so, when I'm not so pregnant and the couch isn't calling my name...

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Priceless shot of him bawling on the grass. Plenty of time for parks in the years to come. I say enjoy the couch with your one little one while you can, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL cute. Enjoy your pregnancy I am jealous !

    ReplyDelete