Friday, June 3, 2011

My DNA through my caffeine deprived brain

So.

To my fellow readers:

Some of you may or may not know that before Mr. Thompson and I met, we were each raised in these really peculiar families.

I, come from a very odd, hard to explain, somewhat like the Brady Bunch-but not at all family of 9. Nine kids, that is. Then there's my Dad and our 3 separate moms. We're what people like to refer to as Mormons. I used to tell people my Dad had 3 wives and they'd be like "OMG ARE YOU MORMON" and I'd say 'YES! How did you know?' And then depending on what kind of mood I was in that day, I'd either explain to them that no, he wasn't married to them all at the same time and in fact, I'm pretty sure polygamy is illegal these days, it's also not practiced in my church anymore...OR... I would just kind of leave it at that. It's no wonder people have misconceptions about Mormons.

Mr. Thompson comes from a similar situation, although his is more like the Brady Bunch. Each one of Mr. Thompson's parents were previously married and each had one child, then Harmony and Rich met, got married and had 3 more children (one of which was Eric). For the most part, they all more or less lived in the same home at the same time. So they were kind of like the Brady Bunch.

Okay, so there's the background on our families. Besides the neat trivia it provides, it was really unnecessary for me to tell you that. Except...when I tell you that my sister (who is also pregnant and due 3 days before me) is having TWINS! You won't freak out and be like 'OMG I DIDNT KNOW TWINS RUN IN YOUR FAMILY!' Because they don't. And this is one of those weird times where I get all confused and sometimes forget that they don't, because you see my sister's Grandma is not my Grandma...and apparently she is a twin. This is also confusing because my mother-in-law, (who is not related by blood) is also a twin. And just to confuse you even more, my brother married a twin!

However, the likelihood of me actually having twins, is pretty slim to none.

Which is really unfortunate, seeing as I only married Mr. Thompson for his genetics, and once I found out that twins ran on the woman's side and that Mr. Thompson could not "hyperovulate an egg" (because he is a man)...it was too late. We had already signed those certificates and sealed our fate...as a family, destined to produce one child at a time...apparently just boys!

I've always really wanted twins. But I've also been kind of nervous to ever twins because I don't want twin boys, and I don't want different gendered twins. I've just wanted twin girls. I think it was all that Sweet Valley High that warped my brain. So now that my sister is having twin girls, I am really excited! Now I will get to be an aunt to twin girls which is even better than being a mom to twin girls. I can play with them, and mix them up, and buy cute twin outfits that my sister will have to dress them in, and then when they both decide they want to cry at the same time I can hand them back :)


This is my sister (the one I was telling you about that is pregnant with twins) and me. This picture was taken at my little brother's Court of Honor, which I will have to post about when I am not having a midlife crisis because my baby brother is graduating from high school and now I feel old.

Okay, even though it's Friday night I should really go to bed before I start blogging about how I haven't had enough Diet Coke to get me through the week so my entire family has been sleeping on mattress pads/protectors since I've been too lazy to put the sheets onto the mattress.

the life of an addict.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely hilarious! I love your blog, and can't wait to read more! I'm also glad that Eric got such a great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, I feel famous being talked about on your clever blog. Hope you are feeling good. One of the women I walk with in the mornings told me that I am starting to waddle now, thanks, glad you told me!

    ReplyDelete