Monday, June 6, 2011

I heart Vitamin D :)

All of my complaining finally paid off!!

God sent me some sunshine!! Unfortunately, I still don't have a tan but I did get a decent amount of Vitamin D in my body so at least I was tolerable to be around if you wore sunglasses.

In our family, we are nocturnal. My husband's work schedule has effected us all and we have somehow managed to train our 1 year old to sleep in until 930..ish. Sometimes, he tries to wake up at 7 and we just laugh at him. Silly baby, you have recovering party animals for parents, what are you thinking?! Back in the day when we were fun we worked a 1pm-10ishpm shift everyday and we barely made it to work on time. Speaking of which, we are always late...to everything.

Another thing you might need to know, is that I am a slave driver. I hate to be idle, and I hate letting a whole day go to waste without making progress on some kind of organizing project I have planned. Usually Mr. Thompson does not appreciate my zealousness (is that a word?) but for some reason he told me he was setting the alarm for 8am because 'he had a lot of things he wanted to get done'*. Amazing.

*(This is the benefit of dating-and eventually marrying- a guy who moves out straight from his parents house to yours...you get to train them to be the way you want them to be! It's fantastic. Every woman should learn from my experience.)

The other amazing thing that happened was that I got to go to a Relief Society activity...by myself! I got to leave the house, without the baby for more than 10 minutes! It was amazing. The Relief Society was putting on some kind of Relaxation Retreat so I was completely down to join in. Relaxation + Vitamin D = a whole new me! That is, until I came home to find that the husband had somehow managed to make a bigger mess in the 3 hours that I was gone, than when I had left. SIGH. Such is life.

Sunday after church, we got to leave the ghetto a.k.a Renton and head out to a prettier ghetto- Lincoln Park in West Seattle to have a little BBQ with some new friends we have made through the church. We really like new friends. It's great to have friends that we can hang out with and not have to worry about whether we're going to die of thirst or not. You never know, some of our friends may have wired their faucets with beer by now.

I also have no pictures to prove that we have friends or sunshine over here in Renton because some certain toddlers think it's funny to take my camera and hide it in the toy bins.

The culprits.

No comments:

Post a Comment