Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mr. Thompson turns 23!

Finally! Now we are both 23 and when someone asks how old we are they won't notice right away that I'm the older one :)

I love to celebrate. I will celebrate anything really, if it gives me a theme and an excuse to throw a party or have a few people over.

This year, Eric's birthday really stumped me. I was racking my brain all week on what to do for Eric's Bday that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. In the past, I have spoiled him so much I was afraid he would be disappointed this year. His birthday fell on a Friday, which would normally be great, but due to Eric's work schedule and other prior obligations pending for that day, I only had a few hours to spend with him. We had originally planned on doing his birthday dinner on Sunday, but I just couldn't let the actual day go by without some type of Birthday-ness.  I had finally come up with a plan, but I couldn't put the plan in action until after he was gone, and he wouldn't be recieving this birthday surprise until he got home, so at a last minute lame attempt, I suggested we go get Birthday Sundaes before he went to work. So poor Eric probably went to work thinking that this was how it was going to be from now on -now that we were married and had a kid, I just didn't have time to celebrate his bday...

Muahaha. Well, we fooled him!

A 23rd Birthday Love Note Trail

Each heart has a reason why we love Eric :)

Mr. Thompson loves a German Chocolate Cake and Reese's are our fave candy :)


It was great to be woken up by a happy husband who really appreciated my efforts. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Eric! And what a cute idea with 23 hearts/reasons leading to the cake. I'm sure he loved it, along with his #1 b-day candle. :)

    ReplyDelete