Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tis the Season

So last night, I sent Eric to the store for Broccoli and formula. I usually make the trips to the store, but on this rare occasion I just wasn't feeling up to it.

About half hour later I get a text from Eric that said " Now I know why you didn't want to go to the store". At first, I thought he was sending me a sarcastic text implying that something had gone wrong-- was the gas tank empty? Did he get pulled over? Was there a lot of traffic? Etc etc, various scenarios ran through my head as I waited for him to text me back. (My response was simply 'Why?')

This was his response: "So you wouldn't have to say no to the little girl scout shivering in her green outfit and snow hat and mittens. I feel horrible. If I had cash I would have."

HAHA! First, I had to laugh.

Then, I was secretly glad that I didn't go to the store

And finally, I had to sympathize.
Truly, heartbreaking to say no to those cute little girls.



I vow to buy a box of cookies this week. I promise, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment