Sunday, March 20, 2011

More on Miss Alaina Lyn

Okay, so now I have some more time to update about Miss Alaina Lyn and how she came into the world.

Poor JayC, we tried to get the baby out on time (Early, in fact!) but it just didn't work. Alaina was way too comfy in there, plus she must have known it was kinda cold outside, so she waited till we were closer to better weather. After several days of me pestering JayC with texts and phone calls demanding an update on her contractions and other things that most people don't talk about in every day life, I get a phone call on the house phone (the only people that call our house phone are telemarketers and JayC) at about 9 am. We had all been anxiously awaiting on contractions, because that's what is "supposed" to happen first--although, I think when it comes to labor, someone should write a book 'Whatever you're NOT expecting".

ANYWAY- her water had broken but no contractions had started yet, either way in my book this was a good thing because that meant this baby was coming within 24 hours! However, if I were the one in labor I probably wouldn't have been too excited. I am absolutely terrified of Pitocin. Why would I intentionally want longer,harder contractions-no THANK YOU! By the time she got to my house to drop off Nate, some contractions had started, which was great! So Eric and I waited at the house with Nate and Tristan until she had been admitted and then we were off. Eric still had to go to work, but I took the boys to the hospital. Mike had wanted Nate to be there in the room, but after a few hours of me trying to take care of two "toddlers" (since they are both walking now :]) and attempt to help JayC be comfortable in her labor, it was proving to be a disaster. So Nate got kicked out :( Off to the sitter!


Only a few hours later, Alaina decided she would brave this crazy world and come meet her family. JayC did end up needing some Pitocin, but later we found out that it was only TWO DROPS! Miss Alaina just needed a little nudge :)


We are a proud Aunt & Uncle :)

The next day, the kids got to come meet their new little sister (and yes, Nate got to come back :]) 

Mama & all of her babies! What a cute little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment