Friday, April 5, 2013

The BEST weekend EVER.

Best Weekend Ever. 
Part one. 
AKA Saturday

As most of you know, the Hubs & I are doing the Color Run on Mother's Day this year and since I have always struggled in the running department, I have been "training" for this run for a couple weeks now. Still not quite where I want to be, but I'm getting there and it's starting to be less of a task. 
So when Eric asked me if I wanted to go running TOGETHER, I was like "Duhhhh" and then we came up with this great plan to start "training" together. Because afterall we will be running together in a sea of strangers, and well... I don't really want to get stuck celebrating with randoms at the finish line. I mean, unless they are cool.

So heres the kicker about married life. with children. Going on a date is not as simple as, "Hey want to go on a date?" Neither is exercising together, or eating a meal at the same time. Even sitting next to each other on the couch is kind of a treat. 

On the plus side, remember when sneaking out and stealing your parents car was the best natural high out there? (not like I ever...ever, did this...) Well now you can simply go to the grocery store without breaking any laws to get that same feeling. I know whenever I get to leave the house without the kids, I feel 16 all over again...sunglasses on, sunroof open, blasting my music...who cares if it's raining outside and I don't know the lyrics? 

Here's the other awesome thing about married life with kids. You get SO EXCITED about baby gear. And since we all know I just recently got the BOB and I'm pretty much in love with it, having to take the kids along our "day date" didn't seem so bad afterall. That was my thought before lunches had been packed, and before I realized I was pushing over 60lbs in this stroller :/ 


(PS. 100% Healthy lunch. Made the Hubs and my sandwich with mashed avocado instead of mayo...honestly, sometimes the thing I find on Pinterest I feel so silly that I never thought of it before!)


We even took my "rabid mutt" as Eric so lovingly refers to her these days :)



 ^^ Destination. First time running this trail, so we weren't quite sure where we'd end up. To be honest, the run wasn't quite long enough for us, but it was hot and windy and we were starving so we were kind of okay with it. We decided that next time we'll leave the lunches in the car (turned out to be SO HEAVY--lunch for 4 people, plus water for Chloe) and picnic at the end of the run. If you run down to the dock and back to the park it ends up being about 4 miles. We ran to the dock and halfway back (so about 2.5-3 miles) and then picnicked- and walked the rest of the way back. Overall, the weather was great, the company was great, food was delicious, and the run was decent...pretty satisfying Saturday afternoon with the family :)








No comments:

Post a Comment