Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thanksgiving in April?

So I know it's not Thanksgiving, but I woke up feeling all sorts of gratitude so I thought I'd share a few things that I am thankful for.

First. I have to say that I am extremely grateful to have been brought up in such an amazing church. I feel like the church has been a 2nd mom to me.

You know when you're a little kid and you pack a bag and announce to your mom that you're running away? She says, 'Ok, well I will miss you a lot. Please be safe' and she sends you on your way knowing very well that you will not make it past the driveway. Not wanting to prove her right, you sit at the end of the driveway for about 15 minutes that feel like an eternity and eventually try to sneak in the back door. She might pretend like she didn't notice you sneaking back in, but she never turns you away. She always accepts your return with open arms.

Secondly, I am extremely overwhelmed with gratitude to all the amazing people I have in my life. It's always great to have a lot of people to celebrate with, but it's even more amazing to know that when the limo breaks down, there's plenty of people to walk you home. So to everyone who has reached out to our family this week, we are extremely thankful to all of you and you are all freaking awesome :)


I couldn't go without saying that I think I have a pretty amazing sister in law... She is basically my number one "Go-To" person. I don't think there has been anyone in our life that has been there for us more. Without hesitation she has always offered her services to help us, even if it puts a wrench in her plans or might make her day a little more chaotic (she has 4 kids and often watches our two monsters...even so we can just go on a date sometimes). Not to mention she's basically my on-call nurse and sometimes therapist :) I pretty much spent the first year of Tristan's life on the phone with her asking "Is this normal?!"

Last, but certainly not least... my babies. As most of you know, I've been on my own with the kids for the last 6ish days. I'm extremely tired and might actually be losing my mind BUT I have been rewarded by lots of sweet kisses and cuddles so it has all been worth it. I promise you my kids really can be demon children sometimes, but they have been so extremely good for me this week, it has been a breeze.

 



And what I mean by good is that Tristan has woken up at 7am every day, crawled into my bed making me believe he wants to cuddle, and promptly demanded for "breadsticks" (which translates into breakfast") and to watch "racecars" (which happens to be an episode of Little Einstein's about a music car). He has chosen to wave his freedom flag and opt out of eating anything that does not fall into the "Cookie" category, and has decided that naps are for babies (aka Ryan).


Ryan has decided that Tristan is the perfect MMA opponent and Tristan now has a nice cut and soon to be black eye. He then pooped in the bath last night and proceeded to poop all over the living room and then finally...investigated it. I have also caught Ryan eating Desitin cream, sucking on a banana peel he pulled out of the garbage, and trying to ride Chloe. At least he is sweet and cuddly and has nice chunky legs that I can squeeze.



As I'm typing this heartfelt message about how awesome and well-behaved my children have been this week, Ryan is sprawled out on top of Tristan having the time of his life and Tristan is yelling, "Help, Help!" soooo now I have to go.


Till next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment