Friday, January 18, 2013

Bad Case of the Gimme's

Ok, awhile back I decided to start a secret stash of cash for my oh-so-desired double stroller... the BOB. I REALLY REALLY want it, and Eric just doesn't seem to understand so I thought I'd save by myself and BAM! He'd be so proud of me, I thought. I wanted him to be proud of my secret money saving skills.


THE BOB, in all it's glory:




Of course, because I am practical and also, poor and cheap I was planning to buy it off Craigslist. The stroller retails for over $600.00 and despite how much I love it, I can't bring myself to spend that much on a stroller when I don't use strollers on a daily basis. You can score a very clean/nice/just as awesome one off CL for an average of $350.

Tonight, I realized that I had $1.00 in my wallet. ONE.

What better way to spend $1 than to save it?

It all felt so deviously responsible sliding that dollar in until I remembered exactly how much was in my oh so special savings jar.

First, there was $1.

Now, there are $2.


I guess this is the part where we admit defeat and announce that I am not a very good saver. You win some, you lose some. At least I can only get better... right?!

Only $348ish left to go! Wish me luck ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment