Thursday, January 12, 2012

This Mama's 2012 GOALS

Alright, here are my very own personal goals...and I do mean, personal-- some of these are very near and dear to me and I have every intention of accomplishing these things this year.

1. Do MORE with LESS-- I plan to make each and every dollar count and really put my money to use. Enough of these silly things I think I have to have only to purchase it and realize it is really not as awesome as I chalked it up to being.
- Use consignments, thrift and discount stores FIRST for non household items (such as clothing, baby needs, toys, housewares)
-Plan playgroups for activity/ take advantage of FREE playtime activities for the boys
- Absolutely NO fast food or impulse buys at checkout stands or convenient stores
- Sell unused items of value on Craigslist or consignment type places, donate the rest.

2. Learn a new skill beneficial to the well being of my family (sewing, card making, etc)
- Find someone to teach me what they know/their skill.
-Practice, practice, practice
-Use skill regularly to increase level of skill.

3. IMPROVE CAR/ Financial situation-- this one is a bit hard to explain, so let me try...we currently drive a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's a pretty awesome rig, all wheel drive all the time, 4 door, lots of room, still nice on the inside and outside (minus the fishies Tristan has thrown all over). The one and only downside to this car is that it is a V8 so it's a gas guzzler. We have two small children and two dogs...needless to say, we NEED to go places! We avoid going places in fear of what it will do to our bank account. The goal this year is to either get rid of the car payment OR get a more fuel efficient car.

4. Help family members reach their maximum potential:
- Identify personal goals
-Provide support in reaching these goals and staying motivated.

5. Reach out of my comfort zone/ EXPAND comfort zone:
- Join a group or club with people who have common interests
-Sign up for a cause (run a 5k, volunteer my time, etc)


I'd love to hear everyone else's 2012 Resolutions or Goals! AND how you plan to accomplish these!

Ps..I am pleased to announce the I made progress on achieving two of my goals today! I'll post more about it later :)

Helping 2 of my family members reach their maximum potential. Can you see how thrilled they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment