Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hump Day

Wednesdays are excruciating. I hate Wednesdays.

I have never been a TV addict. I'm much more addicted to my computer than to the TV. But since Tristan has been alive, and I have been at home with him I have acquired some "shows".

Mondays- Pretty Little Liars at 8 and Gossip Girl at 9. Tristan goes to bed during one of the commercials and then I'm off to clean the kitchen, pick up his toys and go to bed.

Tuesdays- (Even better) Glee at 8, then I have a whole hour to get Tristan to bed and (assuming, I succeed at this task) pick up the house and then I can settle down with a bowl of ice cream (and eat it, in peace aka without having to share it) to watch Teen Mom. I have to admit, I've always been a Grey's Anatomy kinda girl, but Teen Mom is definitely catching up to a tie these days. It is the pure definition of a guilty pleasure. I'm addicted. I can't help it.

Wednesdays- NOTHING!

Thursdays- Grey's Anatomy at 9. I live for this hour, and it usually seems to take forever for this hour to roll around, but alas...it is worth every minute of waiting.

So, as you can see...this is why I hate Wednesdays.

Wednesdays force me to find some kind of cleaning or organizing project. So in honor of the snow, wednesdays and still fighting morning sickness, I'm protesting a cleaning project today. Instead we're going to talk about Tristan. My favorite subject.

He is learning sooo much sooo fast, it's incredible. I can hardly keep up. I keep reminding him that although his t-shirts aren't very accommodating for his big head, it's really a blessing in disguise. A big head equals big brains. He just stares at me. I know it's because his big brains are thinking such big thoughts.

Today, he learned that the big button on the TV is easily accessible and it really drives Mommy mad when you press it over and over, turning the TV on, then off, then on again, then off again, etc etc. However, he insisted that I have no sense of humor and that it is indeed, ahhbsolutely hilarious.



Tristan also learned ALL about vacuum's today. He learned what they look like, what they sound like, what they feel like, and even what they taste like. Yumm. I know, we're slowly entering civilization. Big step in our lives. We bought a vacuum with our tax return. Proud parents, we are. The last vacuum we owned was in 2008 and it got jammed with Chloe's hair.

LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST,

Tristan's toys. They've been driving me crazy. After begging and pleading with Eric, I was allowed to enter IKEA. I love IKEA. So does Eric, he just doesn't know it. He's in denial.

Before:
After:


We still have some work to do, but at least it is an improvement!
This room has been stressing me out since we moved in. Slowly, but surely... I am determined to make this room into a stress free playroom that I can stand to be in for longer than 10 minutes.


Until next time my friends, Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. How can Wednesdays be "NOTHING" when the best show of the week is on Wednesdays???? I'm talkin' -- MODERN FAMILY -- oh yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant get over how big hes getting..! April is getting closer and closer..I remember right after he was born we talked about his 1st bday and its already so close! Hopefully this summer he will be able to more actively enjoy the lake at my parents house :)

    ReplyDelete