Saturday, August 17, 2013

Maui Wowie!

So yeah, we don't even need to talk about the serious neglect this blog has been experiencing.

I'm going through a drastic life change and still trying to figure out how to be normal again has been a little challenging. But eh, I was never normal to begin with...so add that to the chaos and there's my life these days.

Some day soon, I'll be back on my blogging, and hopefully my gym going too because that's a whole nother world of neglect.

Anywho-- Some people might remember my bestest/greatest/favoritest friend. This girl has been a rock for me through a lot of my life's ups and downs and changes and challenges. She's always stood by me, even when my decisions have clearly been a little questionable. I thought I could not love her more...and then she told me she planned a trip for us to Hawaii. Sealed the deal, she's stuck with me for life. We'll be old cat ladies together forever ;)



Started our trip off with a glass of champagne... almost missed our flight because of it, but oh so worth it!


Some things we did:

  • Laid by the pool for an entire day. Took a 4 hour nap, ended up sunburnt...oh and all on the first day.
  • Had dinner at amazing restaurants = Roys, Hula Grill, Sansei, Cool Cat
  • Went on a hike in the Bamboo Forrest + a lot of driving, but great scenery and of course, conversation.
  • Played at the beach; went tourist crazy with our camera. Had a few people staring at us.
  • Made a couple friends with some "locals"
  • Went searching for the giant Sea Turtles. Ended up laying on the beach for a few hours.
  • Explored a few bar scenes, tried to stay awake past 10pm. 
  • Went to a Hawaiian Starbucks, got a couple fun souveniers.
  • Of course, a little shopping happened.
  • Kristen, of course had to feed the birds a lot. And spot every gecko. Also rescued a baby gecko from our shower.
The rest is for us to know....
What happens in Maui, stays in Maui...
HA, just kidding. We took a lot of naps. 





ALOHA























































1 comment: